you are not alone
by, Lisa Hefner
We all find ourselves in a place of exhaustion from time to time. Where worry seems to overtake what we know, that only God can make the crooked path straight. How do we guard our hearts against worry, fret or fear? We won't know everything that is ahead, but, we can plan for our future. Below are areas that have helped me on my journey. Know that you are not alone! We have a multitude of witnesses cheering us on.
Perseverance is vital to growing in your faith, and God wants his people to persevere no matter what happens. We have to learn how to overcome obstacles, difficulties, trials, and tribulation to experience victory in Christ. Persevering is not giving up. It is persistence and tenacity, the effort required to do something and keep doing it till the end, even if it's hard. A strength that rises from the inside.
Going to God
Bring Him everything, knowing that He can fix what needs to be fixed, and build what needs to be built. We want everything we do to be flourishing in Him.
Those who walked before us, in Hebrew 11 & 12, is an incredible place to read. When you are lacking something..study it..be around it. You become what you hang around.Those who have gone before us lived by their faith in God. These chapters should build your faith and encourage our hearts to know we are not alone. Persevering, because we know that God has a plan. Letting go and Letting God.
Memorizing and standing on the Word
- Psalms 127:1, Unless the Lord builds the house, they labor in vain to build it.
- Jeremiah 29:11, For I know the plans I have for you, plan to prosper you.
- Proverbs 3:5 & 6, Trust in the Lord with all your heart, lean not on your own understanding, in all your ways acknowledge Him, and He will direct your steps.
- John 10:10, The enemy wants to steal, kill and destroy, but I have come that you may have life, and life more abundantly.
- Matthew 11:30, My yolk is easy, my burden is light.
- Galatians 6:9, Do not become weary in well doing.
- Ephesians 6:1, Put on the full armor of God, so that you can take your stand against the devil’s schemes.
It is a change in our minds, recognizing what we have, in order to battle. The unjust Judge story Luke 18:1-8 She never let up, she never stopped. He gave in because she wore Him down.
We have a Heavenly Father that wants to give us good gifts. He uses all we go through to train us, develop us and equip us in battle.
Last of all, words from Winston Churchill:
May these words encourage our spirits. Cause a rise to fight in us. One of Persistent, Persevering Faith, in YOU Lord. Be in control of the outcome. Rise up within us, to stay tuned to you. To pray as you pray. To see as you see. To be persistent in our faith. Fill us with your presence, and take every burden that we tend to carry. We are not alone. We are your lighthouses. You work in us to will and do of your good pleasure. Be the chief cornerstone. Thank you for fruit and life. We love you. Praising you for all you are. Amen.